"The Truth About Day-Of Wedding Planners" Huffington Post
"If you thought that "Are you hiring a wedding planner?" was a "Yes" or "No" question, think again. There is a happy medium between hiring a full-service planner and winging it all on your own, and that is the day-of coordinator.
An often poorly understood concept, the day-of coordinator can be a life saver for couples who don't have the budget for a full-service planner; couples who thought they could do it all alone and then realize, close to the wedding, that they were wrong; and couples who actually manage to plan it all alone, but then wisely realize that they shouldn't leave the day-of nitty-gritty in the hands of their mother or maid of honor. Remember, your family and friends are your guests too, and you want them to be able to relax and enjoy your wedding."
Read More: www.huffingtonpost.com
You can think of your day-of planner as your personal assistant. Having gotten to know you well prior to your event date, day-of planners are able to do all of the on-site coordination on your behalf. This way, you can relax and enjoy your celebration.
- Meeting prior to your event date to develop 'day-of' timeline
- Providing a list of trusted, preferred vendors
- Coordinating breakfast & lunch service as you get ready
- Setup of ceremony space (programs, candles, reserved seats)
- Assistance with ceremony formalities including signing of marriage licence and Ketubah
- Development of photography 'must shoot' list & wrangling of guests for photos
- Acting as the main point of contact for all vendors in the weeks leading up to, and during your event
- Pristine setup of menus, placecards, table numbers and personal decor
- Cueing all speeches, slideshows, grand entrances and performances flawlessly
- Handling vendor final payments
- Gatering of all gifts and of your personal items at the end of the celebration
- Assisting with bus and transportation coordination